JAMES W. COFFRIN
Jamie Coffrin’s practice focuses on insurance litigation, business law, and the representation of individuals. He has been with the firm since 1980.
- Middlebury College, B.A., 1975
- Vermont Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1980
- Admissions: Vermont (1980), U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont (1981)
- Represented City of Burlington over course of nearly ten years in action brought by landowners claiming an interest in adjoining property and alleging a breach of duty to provide lateral support. Bostock v. City of Burlington, 2011 VT 89, 30 A.3d 651
- Represented Cooperative Fire Insurance Association of Vermont in case holding that a homeowners’ policy does not provide coverage for allegations against an insured of negligent entrustment of an automobile. Cooperative Fire Ins. Ass’n v. Gray, 157 Vt. 380, 599 A.2d 360
- Represented Vermont National Bank in obtaining an injunction prohibiting the defendants from leasing or operating competitive banking facilities. Vt. National Bank v. Chittenden Trust Co., 143 Vt. 257, 465 A.2d 284