THOMAS M. HIGGINS
Tom Higgins’ practice focuses on civil litigation, with an emphasis on commercial disputes, real estate and insurance litigation. He has been with the firm since 1990.
- Hobart College, B.A., 1984
- University of the Pacific – McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1988
- Admissions: New Jersey (1988) (inactive); Vermont (1991); U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (1988); U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont (1992)
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict after a two-week jury trial in personal injury case alleging significant injury and loss of cognitive function from exposure to carbon monoxide.
- Obtained a defendant’s verdict after a week-long jury trial in personal injury case alleging unsafe living conditions and violations of the warranty of habitability.
- Obtained a hung jury on behalf of the defendant, a real estate developer, after a week trial in a personal injury case alleging serious bodily injury caused by a construction site accident caused by the failure of a safety railing.